Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dance & Learn Phonics!

Every classroom is different and every child is different. We learned this in college when we discovered that there are visual, kinesthetic, auditory, and verbal learners (tell me if I left any out). In my classroom, I like to do a lot of motions or songs to help ALL my children learn. I know that some will get it when I'm telling them, others will get it when they tell me or explain it to another child, and some will get it when they see it....but what about the kinesthetic learners!?

Vocabulary, math, phonics...wherever I can, I try to incorporate hand motions or a dance or a song w/ motions.

I've had children in my class who had attention problems and even one special little guy with a hearing problem. This helped me reach them and even out the playing field.

Here's a program I'm purchasing right now. Take a look at the adorable videos and you'll see how ALL the children are engaged and up and moving (we all know that the little ones need to move constantly).

Heidi Songs

Post a comment and let me know what you think. What do you do in your classroom for your diverse learners?

No comments:

Post a Comment